Well here we are. It is 24 hours until the Anita Borg Women of Vision Awards. So what are the last minute things a marketing person does the day before a major event. Here's my list:
1. A flurry of emails and a confernce call with my PR person, Denise Nelson ofVentana Public Relations. Denise has done an amazing job - we have a dozen journalists from both print and online media attending the event. She did the reminders to the media and we finished our checklist. We also crafted our day after press release. So while the rest of our team takes a well deserved day off, the next day I'll be working with Denise to finish our press release and get our photos out to the news media. My day off will be Friday.
2. I finished our press kits yesterday - these are handouts for the media that include info on ABI, the press releases and information for them on how to get photographs of the winners and our keynote speaker after the event.
3. Loading the cars - we spent some time making sure everything on our checklist was packed up and the cars were loaded and went off to the Convention Center. I made sure the collateral box for our collateral table was fully stuffed and we also made sure the signs, awards and gifts all made it too.
4. Checked in with our printer - the delivery of our programs and new signs was confirmed for tomorrow morning at 10. The courier will be there and set up will commence.
5. Staff meeting this morning included an extended briefing on the event. I talked about our media presence and instructed our staff what to do if broadcast media appeared. You always want to be sure the soundbyte is given by someone who will have the most impact with the media whenever possible - the CEO, the Keynote, the award winners.
6. Made sure we are all systems go for uploading all the WOV videos I created with Total Media Group are ready to go up on Facebook on Thursday morning. Everything is all set up in my computer.
7. Made sure we were all set with our big announcement for Thursday morning. You'll have to check out our website then for more info.
8. Finished working with our AV folks on our slides for the event - only 7 but we had to make sure they looked good on the big screen.
Heading home to get a good night's sleep. Stay tuned for the followup on Thursday. I'll publish some links then.