Friday, July 31, 2009

Working on Grace Hopper

August and September are for me the craziest most hectic time of the year. I try and take a vacation in late June/early July in order to rest up and get ready. Why is it such a hectic and crazy time - the coming of the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing. Never have so many different projects all had to take place simultaneously. My to do list is heading towards the triple digits, my two interns are working madly and all of us have begun having bizarre dreams about work on a nightly basis. And yet, I'm having a blast.

There is something to be said for the adrenalin rush of being busy when you're in marketing. And marketing for a non profit means that on an almost daily basis I get to talk to or email with people who are being positively impacted by what we are doing.

So while my blogging has suffered my work productivity is ramping ever upward. Over the coming weeks I'll be blogging about all the different things that make up working on the marketing of the conference.

For today, since my to do list is looming, if you want to read more about GHC check out the interview I did for www.bitsource.com - http://www.thebitsource.com/2009/07/30/celebrating-women-in-technology-the-anita-borg-institute%E2%80%99s-jerri-barrett-talks-about-the-grace-hopper-conference/ and if you are a technical woman thing about coming - it's an amazing experience.

No comments: